The APEX Accelerator (formerly referred to as the PTAC, Procurement Technical Assistance Center) helps regional businesses create and retain jobs by increasing sales of goods and services to government agencies. The APEX Accelerator provides businesses with the individual guidance and resources necessary to develop strategies for securing a share of lucrative local, state and federal government markets.
The APEX Accelerator accomplishes its mission by assisting businesses with:
- Completing necessary vendor registrations
- Securing applicable socio-economic certifications (Disabled Veteran, Disadvantaged Business, 8(a)/Minority, HUBzone and Women Owned Small Business)
- Researching procurement trends and specific contract histories.
- Identifying viable bid opportunities
- Providing applicable specifications and drawings
- Preparing legitimate proposals & bid responses
- Complying with contract requirements post award
The APEX Accelerator also facilitates contracting related training and networking opportunities.
Since 1996, The APEX Accelerator at Southern Alleghenies has partnered with two of the State's other APEX Accelerators in order to share costs while providing enhanced outreach services. Southern Alleghenies operates as the lead agency in this partnership which includes the sub-recipients, North Central Pennsylvania Regional Planning and Development Commission (NCPRPDC) and Northern Tier Regional Planning and Development Commission (NTRPDC). The combined effort encompasses a service area of fifteen contiguous counties.
James F. Gerraughty, MBA, CPP
APEX Accelerator Program Manager